Wednesday 30 May 2012

I whirl


In a world of chaos,
I whirl.
finding peace inside
connecting, strengthening...

Amongst egos
I whirl
escaping...

I raise my hands...one begging Him for mercy and love,
the other towards the earth...spreading this mercy and love.
I whirl.

Come whirl with me.
Feel the ecstasy
Shed the thick, stinking garb of your ego,
You have worn it too long....
Come and join me.

Let us reconnect again...
Become one as we were..
As we were meant to be.

~ Ambereena Razvi



Creative Commons License
This work by Ambereena Razvi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License

[Image]
This work by Ambereena Razvi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is an amazing piece of artwork, which kept me gazing at it for 3 minutes straight. The poetry is also quite interesting and really fits the role of the whirling dervish. It also reminded me of international day when we were about to perform the dance; I can't quite remember if we actually did.

    PS: Is that a typo? on the first sentence shouldn't or-->of "In a world of chaos"

    ReplyDelete

Mindfulness underrated

Being mindful is what we should be focusing on these days. Mindful – to be aware, to live in the moment, not sharing it with another...