Friday 29 March 2013

Underwater Mural

The theme of the Science Fair this year at Wali ul Asr was 'Water'. I did a 20 x 12 foot (approx) mural of this under water scene in about 5 days (counting only the hours). Alhamdulillah, it was a huge hit. Initially all the attendees thought it was printed. It was humbling to hear their collective gasps when the school announced that it was hand painted.

Some of my students were eager to help...so I let them help me with the sea bed and a couple of other areas...Their excitement was contagious :)

I love painting murals.....Would love to do many more, inshallah.









Note to my son: Dear AM. You were on my mind throughout the process of this painting. I painted this for you... and for your Namesake. Love you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mindfulness underrated

Being mindful is what we should be focusing on these days. Mindful – to be aware, to live in the moment, not sharing it with another...